// posted December 31st, 2012
Laguna Condo (Philippines)
Laguna is located on the southern shores of Laguna de Bay, and Laguna de Bay is the largest lake in the Philippines. The capital of Laguna is Santa Cruz. Their main industry is agriculture, even though Laguna doesn’t have distinct seasons. The province produces crops such as rice, sugarcane, and fruits, particularly lanzones and citrus. Laguna is also the second largest producer of coconuts in the country. The province is also known for its woodcarvings, barong materials, papier-mache figures, and linen.
Townhome for sale in Manila
Like other provinces, Laguna also has its own tourist attractions, especially the bay, and other nature spots. The tourist venues also support them economically. Laguna is also considered a very active financial center in the Philippines. If you are a nature lover, that likes a relaxed environment, Laguna would be a nice choice to stay in.
Top 5 Facts
- The province acquired its name from the Spanish word "lago", which means "lake or lagoon".
- Laguna was one of the eight provinces to rise in revolt against the Spanish misrule.
- There are about forty rivers in Laguna with a total area of almost 0.5 square kilometers.
- The province is also rich in mineral resources such as clay, jasper and basalt glass.
- The eastern portion of Laguna straddles the southernmost portions of the Sierra Madre mountain range.
For buyers interested in purchasing a Laguna condo, there prices range from middle of the market to luxury. There really is something in it for everything in this budget range. It really is just a matter of where you want to stay in Laguna. Properties closer to the lake, naturally, will cost more, but condos in certain areas can be very affordable.
Need help? Contact me today and we'll get your property search started