// posted June 1st, 2012
Buyer Guide: Baguio Condo
Baguio City is a highly urbanized city in the Cordillera Administrative Region (C.A.R.) in the middle of the island of Luzon, in the Philippines. Due to its high altitude, Baguio is considered the summer capital of the Philippines. It is also called the City of Pines because pine trees are very abundant throughout the region.
The city has become the center of business and commerce as well as the center of education in the entire Northern Luzon. It is also the seat of government of the Cordillera Administrative Region. The economy of Baguio City is also centered on tourism due to its weather and history. The city is the lone Philippine destination in the 2011 TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Destinations Awards - Asia category - with the city being among the top 25 destinations in Asia.
House for sale Pasig
Top 5 Facts
- Baguio City is a highly urbanized city on the Cordillera Administrative Region.
- Baguio City was established by Americans in 1900 at the site of an Ibaloi village known as Kafagway.
- Baguio City was designated by the Philippine Commission as the Summer Capital of the Philippines on June 1, 1903.
- The city of Baguio has become the center of business and commerce as well as the center of education in the entire Northern Luzon.
- Baguio City is ranked Top 25 destinations in Asia in the 2011 TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Destinations Awards, Asia category.
A Baguio condo can be either very expensive or very affordable. It really depends on the exact area or borangay you'd like to say in. I would recommend this area for budget shoppers and luxury condo shoppers alike.
Need help? Contact me today and we'll get your property search started